Normally, Reinstallation refers to installing a computer operating system. This might be due to virus attack, Trojans or simply to optimize the operating system though it is working normally. Usually when you reinstall Windows, ‘Documents and Settings’ will be reinitialized and the files in that folder will be deleted. These deleted data can still be recovered using any data recovery software. If you would like to recover the lost data then stop using the hard disk drive and make sure you do not save any new data to the hard disk, as this would cause overwriting and permanent data loss.
Common Reasons for OS Reinstallations are:
- Hardware failure during startup causes your system to crash
- You are putting in a new hard drive in your computer
- You are installing a new or different Operating System
- Up gradation of OS i.e. from the existing version to a new version for advanced features which may cause error and makes the system unbootable
- To increase system performance due to many system errors
- Your Operating System files have been corrupted beyond repair either by improperly uninstalling software, a computer virus or a corrupt software installation.
- Corrupt computer registry or drivers files
The Data can be recovered based on the installation method you performed. There are three different types of installation. The three types are as follows:
- Clean installation: The biggest advantage of performing a clean installation is it leads to improved performance and stability. However, after clean installation all the data present in the previous OS is lost. Data can still be recovered unless overwritten
- Upgrade installation: Upgrading the current OS to a newer one in order to use its advanced features. The biggest advantage of an upgrade is that you can retain application installations and user settings. However sometimes data loss situation occurs
- Multiple boot installation: Installing more different OS to the existing one system is called multiple booting installations. A multiple boot lets you keep the previous operating system and installed applications.
Do not worry if you have lost your valuable data after OS reinstallation on your hard disk. In fact, a user with less computer knowledge will be able to recover most of his vital data from his hard disk drive by using a powerful data recovery tool. Among which Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software is the best.
Yodot Hard Drive Recovery (Windows): This is one of the best software to recover data after reinstalling Windows. This tool can recover data from formatted or reformatted hard disks from both laptops and desktops. It recovers lost / deleted data from your PC in a very easy and secure way.
- Recover data from different hard disk interface like SCSI, SATA, SAS and etc
- Recover data from inaccessible or non-booting hard drives
- Supports recovery from different types of file systems such as FAT16, FAT32, NTFS and exFAT
- Recovers data from external hard drives, USB, flash drives, memory card devices and many other storage interfaces
- Easily runs on all the latest Windows OS including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows7, Windows server 2008 and Windows2003
How Yodot Works?
- Download and install Yodot Hard Drive Recovery Software. Press here to download
- Launch the software and stick to the onscreen procedures
- Use “formatted / reformatted recovery” option to recover data from your hard disk drive
- Select the drive / partition from where the data is to be retrieved
- The application scans and displays all the drives from where data can be recovered
- Select the drive from where you want to recover your data
- The software scans again and displays all the recoverable data from the selected drive
- Select the files which are to be recovered
- Save the rescued data on to your hard disk not from the one which you are recovering from because the chances of original data being replaced is very high
- The software allows you to save your recovered data onto any external hard disk or to an optical storage device such as CDs and DVDs