A memory card (flash card) is an electronic data storage device generally used for storing information in digital format. These cards are widely used in portable electronic devices such as digital camera, cell phones, mp3 players, video game consoles and etc. Memory cards are small, have high capacity and are able to retain data without power.
At times, you might encounter problems while transferring data from your memory card to your Mac. This happens if the logical structure of the memory card gets corrupt. If the card is corrupt, the only way to fix it is by formatting the memory card which results in complete data loss from them. One can easily restore these data with the help of an updated backup. In case if there is no backup, memory card recovery software might do the trick.
Common causes for data loss on memory card
- Unintentionally deleting few important files while previewing from your memory card
- Accidentally formatting the memory card either from the digital camera by using “Delete All” button or when connected to your Macintosh
- An unauthorized person deleting your vital data from the memory card
- Memory card corruption due to virus attack
- Using the same memory card device on different electronic devices or systems will also result in data loss from the memory card
- System probing to format while accessing the memory card
- Data loss due to turning your camera off during a read process
- Interruption while transferring data from memory card to PC or vice versa
If you have lost your important data from your memory card due to any above mentioned scenarios, don’t lose your calmness. What you need to do is to find a reliable photo recovery tool which helps you to recover all your lost data back. Yodot Mac photo recovery software helps you to recover your lost or deleted data from your memory card with ease. This utility is one of the fastest and smartest recovery software to perform memory card recovery on Mac. The Application ensures complete recovery of all your deleted or lost photos(JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, TIF, PSD, WPG, WMF, TGA, SID, QTM, QFX, PSP, PIC and etc), video and audio (AVI, AVS, ASF, ASX, 3GP, DIVX, MOV, MPEG, MPG, M4V, WMV, XVID, AIFF, AIF and etc)files. Press here to download
- Recovers from all the different types of memory cards including CF (Compact Flash) card, XD Picture card, Memory Stick, SD (Secure Digital) card, MMC (Multimedia Card), Micro SD, Mini SD and many more
- Supports recovery from external storage devices such as external hard disk, USB drive, mp3 players, iPod etc.
- The software can recover RAW picture file formats for example NEF, CR2, CRW, DNG, ARW, SR2, ORF, MRW and etc
- Easily runs on all the latest version of Mac OS X including Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Mac OS X 10.7(Lion)
Working of the software
Remove the memory card from your camera or any other portable device ->Attach the memory card to your Macintosh via card reader or USB->Download and install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software->Open the software and follow the main screen procedure->Make use of “Deleted Photo Recovery” option to rescue your deleted data->Use “Lost Photo Recovery” option to recover your lost data->The software scans and shows all the logical and external drives i.e. your memory card ->Select the memory card drive and click on “Next” button->The application scans the selected drive and displays all the deleted / lost files from your memory card ->Preview the photo files before saving them->Browse for the destination location to save your recovered files (but not onto the same memory card from where you are recovering from because the chances of the original data getting replaced is very high)