Have you ever been in a situation where you accidentally deleted few of your important picture files from your digital cameras SD card. You need those picture files back. What do you do now? Don’t worry if you have encountered this situation a good SD card recovery software will help you to recover your data.
A SD card is a type of memory card which is generally used in portable devices such as GPS, cell phones, Tablets, digital cameras, MP3 Players and etc. Usually their storage capacity ranges from 64MB to 8GB which allows the user to store a huge amount of data including pictures, video clips and music files. So any data loss from these cards will be a frustrating situation to that SD card user. Let us look at some of the other scenarios which leads to data loss from these cards
- Mistakenly deleting some of your important files from your SD card
- Accidentally formatting your SD card containing your important data
- Sudden power surge while transferring files from SD card to Mac or from Mac to SD card
- Using the same SD card on different devices or on different machines also leads to data loss
- SD card corruption due to virus attack when connected to the system
What to do after any data loss situation from your SD card?
After any data loss situation from your SD card. It is very important to stop using your SD card because as you add any new data to your SD card the original data might get overwritten which makes recovery very difficult.
How to recover data from the SD card?
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery (Macintosh) is a wonderful photo recovery software to recover SD card on Mac. The software supports recovery of various kinds of files such as audio (MP3, MP4, AIFF, AIF, AMR, M4b, WAV and etc.) ,video (AVI, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, RM, M4V and etc.) ,and photo(JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PSD and etc.) files. Additional to this the software also performs recovery of RAW images of formats such as NEF, CR2, CRW, DNG, ARW, SR2, ORF, MRW captured from all popular digital cameras for ex Canon, Nikon, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Olympus, Sanyo and etc. Press here to download
- Recovers files from HFSX, HFS, HFS+ and FAT file system
- Supports recovery of files from all storage devices including external hard disk, iPod, Compact Flash (CF) card, Secure Digital (SD) card, XD Card, Memory Stick, Multi Media Card (MMC) and etc.
- Runs on all the latest versions including Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
How to recover data from SD card using the software
Eject the SD card from your camera or any other device->Connect the SD card via card reader to your Macintosh->Download and install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software->Run the software and stick to the onscreen procedure->Make use of “Deleted Photo Recovery” option to retrieve your deleted files or use “Lost Photo Recovery” option to rescue your lost SD card files->The tool scans and displays all the Volumes present on your Mac machine including your SD card->Select the Volume which represents your SD card and click on “Next” button->The Software scans the entire SD card and displays all the deleted / lost data->Select the files and folders that you want to recover->Preview the photo files before saving->Save the rescued data to your desired location. Make sure that the destination location is not same as the source location