“I am beginner photographer and have captured many stills from various occasions using my digital camera. Images on my digital camera used to get saved as RAW pictures on SD card; I used to process these RAW images further by moving them on to my MacBook. SD card on my digital camera got corrupted today blocking my way to access the images that were freshly captured. How to recover RAW photos from SD card that is corrupted? Do I have any possible way?”
Few digital cameras store captured images using its proprietary RAW file format. Some famous RAW image formats are NEF, CR2, CRW, ORF, FFF, DNG, SRF, so on. However, just like other photos these RAW images also get saved in flash memory card mounted as camera’s extended memory. Most commonly, many camera users save RAW pictures on SD memory card. Unfortunately, may lose valuable RAW photos from SD card in vast scenarios such as:
- Absentmindedly selecting Delete All option while viewing photos on camera will erase all RAW images from SD card
- While increasing free storage memory on SD card by deleting unwanted photos accidentally choosing essential pics
- Intentional format of SD card on camera or when connected to system as it shows Format error will wipe all RAW pictures from card
- Harmful virus infection and use of unauthentic antivirus program to propel removal of viruses can sometimes lead to photo loss from SD card
- SD card damage due to error in file system, wrong usage, abrupt termination during data transfer and due to any logical errors can result to inaccessibility of RAW images from SD card
SD card holder may face many other scenarios of RAW photo loss from it and welcome chaos. But nothing to bother about photo loss as there are multiple photo restoration software available on-net to rescue lost and erased RAW images from SD card.
Best utility to retrieve RAW pictures from SD card:
Yodot Card Recovery is the proficient software to get back RAW photos from SD, SDXC, SDHC, mini SD, micro SDXC, micro SD, CF, SM, xD, MMC, XQD and many other flash memory cards. Its innate damage-free algorithms can retrieve photos as well as videos and music files from various storage devices like hard drives, iPod, SSD, USB pen drive, etc. It can be utilized on Windows computers with Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, server 2008, server 2003, xp and 8.1 operating systems. On the other hand the software also supports to work on Mac computers running with OS Leopard, OS X Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Lion and Yosemite operating systems.
Get to know the steps involved to use the software:
Download the application on a Windows computer and finish its complete installation. Running the software will launch main screen with two options, ‘Deleted Photo Recovery” and “Lost Photo Recovery”. Make your selection between these options according to RAW photo loss scenario from SD card. Proceeding next will allow you with options to choose photo file types or you can just skip the step. Scanning takes place and its results will be displayed in two view types. After previewing restored RAW pictures, choose a target location and save them.