“Hi, everyone. Recently I installed Microsoft Office 2010 in my Windows computer. Yesterday when I tried to open a PowerPoint file which was developed on MS office 2007, on MS Office 2010, an error message prompted saying, file association problem with file. Does anyone know how to fix PowerPoint 2010 file association error?”
PowerPoint 2010 is an amazing MS Office program, which used to create annual reports, seminars, slide show, projects, training modules etc. To improve look of presentation it allow to insert images, charts, graphs videos etc. But sometimes, your PowerPoint file get corrupted due to many reasons, one of the main reason is file association problem. So, let us see few reasons which cause association problem while using PowerPoint 2010:
- Association problem arises when use invalid win32 application
- When you open any PPT file, system may not be able to find association link between file and respected application in which it is being opened. So then one may get error messages saying, PowerPoint cannot be opened
- Because of invalid PowerPoint file association, OS may not be able to identify which application to open PPT file. So some times, due to association problem, file extension from file system may lost causing damage to PowerPoint file
- On your system, if you installed multiple Microsoft Office will lead to corrupt PPT/PPTX file
- Sometimes PPT file get opened in normal mode rather than slide mode, when PowerPoint file got corrupted due to association issues
Tool to repair PowerPoint 2010 file association error:
An eminent application to repair PowerPoint 2010 file association problem is Yodot PPT Repair. This utility can repair and recover damaged content from PPT, PPTX and PPS files. This software can repair text, text formatting, images, clip arts etc. By using this tool, one can fix, broken, corrupted, inaccessible, and error showing PowerPoint 2010 files. This tool not only support PowerPoint 2010 but also other PowerPoint versions such as, PowerPoint 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, and 2013. It can repair PPT files from all the devices which are formatted with FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and exFAT file systems. This application is has a read only property, which does not edit the original content of damaged file, instead it will extract and create a new healthy copy of that file. One can install this application on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 200 and Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
Direction to use the software:
Download Yodot PPT Repair software on your Windows computer and install it. Then, run the application and follow on screen instructions in order to fix PPTX files. Then, browse for selecting corrupt PPTX file to mend using browse button. After choosing PowerPoint 2010 file, click on “Repair” button. Tool will proceed with the scanning process and you can see progress of scanning with the help of Status Bar. Once repair process ends, a window will prompt a message saying “Repair was successful”. Then, you can preview the repaired PowerPoint 2010 file and save it in desired destination location rather than source location on Windows system using ‘save‘ option.