“I am trying to copy pictures from SD card to laptop since from two days. I have done this before with no issues. But now my SD card seems unrecognized by laptop. Almost the card is piled up with vital files. How do I make it work as before? Somebody suggest me a solution.”
This kind of situation may occur with anybody at any times. SD card users are prone to face card not readable issue on system. Fear not, for solutions to fix this problem is readily available. Stay tuned and go through the complete article.
Most of the users are not aware of the very cause that puts them in trouble. Have a glance on some of the factors-
- File system corruption of memory card
- Continuously performing Read/Write operations on SD card
- Ejecting the card while transferring files from card to laptop or vice-versa
- Virus and malware attack
- Using same card on different systems
Well now the root causes are known for your query why can’t laptop read my SD card, why wait; start fixing the issue.
Implement the following tricks –
Trick #1: Check for connectivity
If the card is not inserted properly, it becomes unreadable by laptop. Reinsert the card and see whether it works or not. If it doesn’t then try on some other ports and finally on different system.
Trick #2: Enable the card reader
If the card reader is disabled in BIOS settings, the laptop cannot read it.
To enable- after restarting laptop, press a key for “BIOS” or “Settings”. Then verify whether the card reader is disabled in the BIOS settings. If so, enable it.
Trick #3: Reinstall the drivers
- Go to “Computer” => “Manage”
- Now click on “Device Manager” and expand “Storage Controllers” option
- Right-click on the SD card from list. (it will be indicated as “Integrated MMC/SD Controller”)
- Click on “Uninstall” (avoid marking “Delete the Driver Software for this Device” check box)
- Finally Click on “OK” and restart the system
Trick #4: Update outdated device drivers
Follow the first three methods mentioned in Trick #3.
- After right-clicking the SD card driver, select “Update Driver Software”
- Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software”
- After updating click on “Close”
Upon trying out the above tricks, the problem should vanish? If not, then don’t risk your data stored in SD card. Immediately safeguard them using a reliable recovery software. One such is Yodot Photo Recovery application. Now it’s time to implement the ultimate trick. Just go with it…
Trick #5: Utilize efficient recovery tool
- Connect Memory card to Laptop
- Use this link and download Yodot Photo Recovery application
- After installation, run the program
- Two options are provided-“Deleted Photo Recovery” and “Lost Photo Recovery”, choose second option
- Then select the SD card to perform data retrieval
- Scan process lists a set of files that are restorable, mark desired ones
- Use “Preview”option to view secured files and save them in a destination folder
Reasons to recommend Yodot Photo Recovery utility
- This tool is capable of retrieving files unaltered from unreadable SD card
- Along with memory cards, files from hard drives, USB drives, CF cards, etc. can be effectively regained using this software
- It is compatible with Windows Operating system versions like 10, 8, 8.1, 7, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and Server 2008