“I need urgent help!! Now I want to backup my Outlook rules on my system hard drive. So can anyone suggest me reliable method to backup Outlook rules as well as profile settings”
You can backup Outlook rules with simple steps in manually:
- First click on File Tab
- Next click on Mange Rules and Alerts
- Suppose you have more than one email account then in the Apply changes to this folder list->Select the Inbox which you want-> Next click on Option
- In File name box, type the path and file name for the set of rules that you want to export
- You can export a file that contains only Rules which is compatible with an earlier version of Microsoft Outlook
- In the Save as type list you can select any of below:
- Outlook 2000 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Outlook 2003 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Outlook 2013, 2010 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Finally click on save option
Outlook rules are stored in .rwz files with the name of your profile in the default Outlook directory. By backing up your important Outlook data you can safeguard it from corruption or error issue. Here we mentioned few common scenario for Outlook PST file corruption:
- Using wrong procedure to import and export PST file
- Interruption like sudden power failure or abruptly termination of Outlook
- Hard drive issues like bad sector, file system corruption or other logical errors
- Sharing Outlook profile PST file on unsecure network drive
- Improper configuration of Outlook Profile
- Improper way of installation or re installation of Windows OS
Due to above facts your PST files may corrupt. In such instance you may lose your entire data from Outlook. You can retrieve those data by using manually or if it fails then you can go with third party utility i.e. Yodot Backup Outlook PST
Backup Outlook Rules tools:
Yodot Backup Outlook PST software will help you to backup Outlook rules on Windows system. It securely creates back up of Outlook Profile at scheduled time – daily, weekly or monthly basis by providing ‘Schedule’ option. You can custom the process of taking backup by choosing only required Outlook items from profile with the help of ‘Advance Backup’ option. Backup of Outlook Profile can be password protected for privacy purpose. Using this tool, one can backup emails, contacts, address book, tasks, calendar events, etc. from Outlook Profile. It can create backup of PST data from Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 application versions. This program works well on Windows OS like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 Server.
How to utilize it?
Download Yodot Backup Outlook PST tool to Windows system-> Install it and run the software with help of instructions-> You can see 3 options namely ‘Backup’, ‘Restore’ and Migrate’-> Choose Backup option and hit on ‘Advance Backup’ option on next windows to backup Outlook rules->Next select ‘Smart Backup’ to backup entire Outlook Profile along with settings ->After taking Backup, click on “Next” option-> Finally choose destination location to save backup file.