“About 6 months ago I compressed some important files in .rar file format using WinRAR. But, recently after this long time, when I tried to access those files, the WinRAR showing an error message i.e “File corrupted, bad header”. I don’t know how to proceed further with this kind of errors. Is it possible to fix this error, in order to recover my essential files?”
Yes!!! You can repair RAR file displaying this type of error. You can fix the problem and get back you valuable files preserved in RAR file by following below discussed method:
- Right click on corrupted RAR file and select “Extract to specified folder” option
- On left bottom corner mark on “Keep broken files in the miscellaneous” option
- And click on “Extract” option
By using above mentioned method, you can repair damaged RAR file containing your significant files. But, sometime you may get back only few files from fixed RAR file. In such scenarios you may forced to lose some of your vital documents. If this is the case, then don’t worry!!! With the assistance of fine RAR file repair software you can repair WinRAR corrupt header.
Let us discuss causes for RAR file header corruption:
- Improper system shutdown: Sometimes it might happen that while accessing RAR file or downloading .rar file, at the middle of the process your system may freezes due to power surge. Then, this might results in RAR file header corruption
- Virus or malware attack: Too much usage of unsecure device and excessive use of internet may leads to virus or malware attack to your system. In such condition, viruses may infect RAR file along with other system files. This is one of the common reason for RAR file header corruption
- Third party utilities: Third party utilities which you will used to uncompress the RAR file may corrupt its header information
Once you realize that your WinRAR file’s header has been corrupted, immediately stop accessing that file, because it might tends to further damage. It is always better to make use of appropriate RAR file repair tool like Yodot RAR Repair. This software provides completely automated process to fix damaged RAR file due to header corruption, so that you need not to have much technical knowledge to operate the application. This application supports repairing of corrupted RAR files created on different versions of WinRAR application. In has capacity to mend RAR files having size of 4GB or more on Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 operating systems.
Simple process to fix corrupted header of WinRAR file:
Download and install Yodot RAR Repair tool into your Windows system -> Launch the software and proceed with the instructions given on the main screen -> First click on “Browse” button to select the header corrupted RAR file -> Later click on “Repair” button to start the repair process -> You can observe the repair process on progress bar -> After the repair process gets completed, the application displays all the files present in your RAR file, hit on “Next” button -> Finally, save fixed files using “Save” option to the desired location.