Microsoft Outlook is a very efficient e-mail platform used to carry out information around an organization or a company. This email client stores data folder such as emails, contacts, notes, attachments, calendar entries and other items in a table called PST (Personal Storage Table). However, this PST file might get corrupted or damaged due to any logical or physical reasons and you can lose all your important data from the PST file. To overcome this problem you need to use a good PST repair software.
What happens when your PST file gets corrupt?
When your PST file gets corrupt, you will no longer be able to access your items present on Outlook. And lose your important data including your emails, calendars and etc. You’ll receive the following error message when your PST file is corrupt, “cannot find PST file”, “the file abc.pst could not be found”, “Outlook.pst could not be found” etc.
Common reasons for PST file corruption are:
- Improper system termination when PST file in use is one of the main reason for PST corruption
- PST file reaching its file size limit
- Sharing of PST files between different networks
- Virus or malware attack on the PST file
- Operating system failure
- File system corruption due to OS reinstallation
- MS Outlook up gradation
- Other reasons include server crash, hardware crash, MS Outlook malfunction and etc.
In order to counter this corruption MS Outlook has an inbox repair tool also called as “Scanpst.exe”. which corrects the internal structure of the PST file and repairs it. Steps to repair the PST file are given below:
- Click on ‘Start’ button then ‘Run’
- Give the path of the Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe) by typing in the drive name:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\Locale ID\scanpst.exe and click OK
- A dialog box pops up, enter the corrupt PST file name and its path, which you want to repair and Click on the ‘Start’ button
- Allow the scanning process to complete, select the option, ‘Make a backup of the scanning file’ and Click the ‘Repair’ button
But this repair tool has a very low success rate and trying to repair the PST file further leads to severe corruption. The tool also doesn’t repair PST file whose size is more than 2GB. In such situations a PST repair tool is needed.
Yodot Outlook PST Repair software is a wonderful repairs software to repair corrupted PST file. The application rigorously scans the severely corrupt PST file and recovers all the items such as contacts, journals, attachments, tasks, notes, calendar items, sent items, personal folders etc. This software by default recovers all the deleted emails while repairing the PST file and includes them in the new PST file. Press here to download the software.
PST Repair process:
Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software to your computer->Run the software->Make use of “Open PST file” option to open the corrupt PST file->Use “Find PST File” option to search for the corrupt PST file->Use “Outlook Profile” option to select a specific Outlook profile if you have multiple accounts->Choose the appropriate scanning method->Browse for the destination path and click “Repair”. (It is suggested to close the MS Outlook before executing repair operation.)->After the application completes the repair process, you will be allowed to view the repaired Outlook mails and other elements like contacts, notes, tasks, journals etc.